- Why Robbins Training Institute?
- We combine the skill of advanced firearm instruction with the personal relationships we build with our clients. You are more than a student to us.
- Where is your range?
- We partner with Global Training Academy and Indoor Shooting Range in Memphis for the range portion of all of our classes.
- Do you offer gunsmith services?
- We do not currently offer gunsmith services; however, we will gladly recommend area gunsmiths.
- Do you transfer firearms from other dealers? What is the cost?
- We do not currently transfer firearms from other dealers; we will gladly provide you with recommendations for FFL’s in the area.
- Can I bring my own gun?
- Yes! We encourage you to bring your own firearm to classes (unless otherwise noted on the class description). However, if you do not own a firearm do not let this deter you! We have firearms available for use* during classes.
*Additional fees may apply. See class descriptions for more details.
- Can I bring my own ammo?
- All ammo used for training classes must be purchased at the range. However, most of our classes include the cost of some ammo.
- I am from a different state. Can I still take your classes?
- Yes! All you need is a valid government issued photo ID (Passport, ID card, Driver’s License, etc.)
- I have never shot before. Do I need to take a class?
- We encourage everyone to invest in formal training to enhance proficiency and safety. We offer an Introduction to Firearms course for beginning shooters as well as one-on-one private lessons for shooters who want to focus on a particular skill.
- What type of clothing is required? Do you have a dress code?
- We do not have a formal dress code. Typically, we encourage training in the type of clothing that you normally wear. However, for class instruction and/or private instruction, closed-toe shoes are required, low-cut tops are prohibited, and hats/caps with front brim are encouraged, unless otherwise specified. Eye and ear protection is required for all range activities, but is available at the range at no cost.
- Do you offer veteran discounts?
- Yes! We support all first responders and military personnel. Please call our office at 901.275.8125 for more information.
Does Gun Control prevent violent crime?
No. “Man” has found a way to kill, maim or hurt other “man” since the dawn of time, long before the invention of firearms. Laws prohibiting the possession and/or use of firearms only inhibit the law abiding citizens from being able to thwart criminal activity. Remember, when seconds count, 9-1-1 is only minutes away.